Cold Laser Therapy to Manage Pain, Reduce Inflammation and Speed Recovery
Cold Laser Therapy in Avon, CT: Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive, painless, low level laser provided by Dr. Joanne Santiago and Dr. Joelle Santiago at Avon Chiropractic Health Center. The laser stimulates damaged tissues, promotes natural healing in the body, and provides relief from pain and inflammation. Laser therapy is popular as it provides effective pain relief without the need for surgery or medication.
Conditions Cold Laser Therapy Can Help
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pain
- Muscle strains and tears
- Sore joints and muscles
- Tendon or ligament injury
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve pain from disc injuries
- Sports injuries or overuse injuries
- Inflammation or swelling
- Wound healing
- Post-operative care
Laser Therapy Accelerates the Healing Process at Avon Chiropractic Health Center
Low level light is applied directly to the problem areas when a patient comes in for a session. The body has a natural reaction to red and near infrared light, so the tissue absorbs the light. This reaction can affect damaged cells and promote their regeneration. Patients will feel the device against their skin during the procedure. It does not create heat, sound or vibration. This makes it completely painless and noninvasive. Dr. Joanne and Dr. Joelle will work with each patient to determine the best treatment plan to manage their pain.
Therapeutic Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy in Avon, CT
There are many different benefits to receiving laser therapy at Avon Chiropractic Health Center.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser therapy speeds nerve cell recovery. This can reduce pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
- Rapid Cell Repair: Laser light therapy accelerates cellular healing and reproduction.
- Anti-inflammatory Action: Laser therapy reduces swelling, which leads to pain reduction, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal muscle and joint function.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser light increases blood flow circulation to the injured or affected area.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser therapy stimulates wound healing development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser therapy helps to reduce scar tissue formation. This leads to more complete healing. This also makes the area stronger and reduces the chance for re-injury in the future.